Monday 9 May 2011

It's in!

So woke up late after being allowed to watch the Man Utd and Chelsea match and thankfully this didn't give me much time to get wound up about what was happening later in the day.

Got to the orthodontists and she took out my elastics and was happy with what they had done. She then put the expander in to check for size, took it out again to put the cement on it and then put it in my mouth again. Oh my god.....the taste was foul, not sour not sweet just foul, worse than eating a lemon.

Went and sat in the waiting roon for 10 minutes whilst the cement set and then back into the chair so Mum could learn how to turn the expander. It's got to be turned twice a day until the teeth have moved and until Dr Wong is happy and then the braces are put on, should be about July time.

So how is it feeling? It's a little achey but nothing i can't handle and there is so much saliva! When having an expander fitted you should be given one of a portable saliva sucking thing like the dentist and orthodontists use. Seriously!!!!!!!!

As for eating, it's proving a bit of a hassle and i'm making my sister look fast at eating dinner. Food gets stuck between the expander and the top of my mouth which is a pain and i've worked out that if i say 'key' and 'actually' then i can clear the food, just feel sorry for the people sitting opposite me as it flies out. Ha ha ha! It's just taken me 45 minutes to eat my dinner i took so long it was cold by the time i'd finished but 5 minutes to eat a bowl of jelly :-)

Speech? Mum says it makes me sound British and takes my accent away. It' weird because you don't realise how much you use your tongue when you speak and because my tongue isn't reaching the roof of my mouth my s's, l's, r's and f's sound funny so the Dr told me to talk more so i get used to it. That's funny because my Mum and Dad call me Witterer as i just don't stop talking.

So back to the orthodontist next Tuesday to see how everything is and hopefully my teeth will have started moving by then and gaps forming.

Emotion - relieved but achey


Having the expander fitted.


1 comment:

  1. Hey, have just read this out to Buzz - we want a photo ASAP. But you will still be gorgeous and it wont ruin your lovely smile. Are you sure you are eating SLOWER than Jorj ? can't quite believe that.
    Keep up the blog,. we are enjoying it.
    Love U, US X X X

    ReplyDelete