Monday 2 May 2011

Introduction

Hi, my name is Kaela-Mei and i am 10, nearly 11 and live in Hong Kong.
I have lived with too many teeth and not enough space since my baby teeth decided to come through and tomorrow i am off to start my road to 'perfect teeth'.  Tomorrow i get my expander rings fitted ready for the actual expander next week and to say i am nervous about the whole thing is a HUGE understatement.

I go to a GREAT orthodontist called Dr Louise Wong and she is fabaroo.  She talks to me like i'm an adult, includes me in decisions and makes sure i understand everything before i leave the office, oh and she has the best incentives to make sure you look after your braces, keep appointments, etc.....

It's not that my teeth aren't great, it's just that there not straight as my top jaw is a lot smaller than my bottom jaw and here's my need for the expander.  Plus i have a lot of adult teeth trying to get into a really small space and i have 'crowding' (you should see my x-rays they are wau cool).  My Mum says it's best to have the expander fitted whilst i'm still young as the top palette has not 'fused' so this makes it less painful to expand the jaw.  In adults apparently it would be painful as their bones are fixed together.  Ouch!

So that's me and this blog is going to be all about what goes on on my road to 'perfect teeth' (my Mum is going to help me out sometimes with the blogging, i'll tell her what to write whilst she types it as she's quicker than me).   I hope you enjoy it and please feel free to contact me and share your experiences or ask questions.

My teeth before treatment.


No comments:

Post a Comment